How We Can Help
Parent to Parent of Miami strives to provide children and families with the skills and resources needed to make every child with a disability succeed in both the home and school environment.
By working with an Education and Support Specialist, parents will:
1. Increase their knowledge of their child's disability.
2. Improve their awareness of services available in the community that meet their child's special needs.
3. Join a network of other parents that have children with special needs.
4. Learn more about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (I.D.E.A) and how it applies to their child's education.
5. Become more involved with their child's education and school.
6. Receive information on how to better provide a home environment that is conducive to learning and optimal physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
7. Gain awareness and learn how to take action in supporting policy and legislative issues relevant to the quality of life for children with disabilities and their families.